New frameworks and build tools

PlatformIO is very useful! I've just been trying it out. I've forked it and added a command that lets me update the IDE config without running init. This is handy since you want to re-run this each time you #include something from another library: PlatformIO works out the include path from the names of the things you include, like the Arduino IDE does.

This has led me to notice that MBED is a nice framework. Because it's superficially Arduino like I'd never noticed that it has a convenient RTOS library, among many others.

I think I'll port my RF24 library to MBED, and add it to the PlatformIO index.

PlatformIO might be a good way to get some use out of the ESP8266 modules I have lying around as well.

Popular posts from this blog

3D Printer ramblings

Balance Bot V2

Robot arm