3D Printing

I've been a little dismissive of 3D printing. Mostly, it seemed to me the result wasn't all that strong. Anyway, 3dhubs came along, and that's persuaded me to give it a try: no big upfront investment, so why not? It's a great user experience - upload your STL file and it lists services with a price next to each one. I picked a place a few minutes walk from my office so I could go and pick it up.

So I designed and printed this little robot chassis:






After thinking about it for a while they gave me a voucher, so it cost me £3. Otherwise this costs about £12, which is not bad either.

The top fits on it pretty neatly, after trimming off some excess filaments. I have made a few mistakes, which I think I can fix with the milling machine easily enough. I'll put that down as a learning experience.

I don't have time to fit the components just now (actually a bunch of soldering needs to be done as well).

Popular posts from this blog

3D Printer ramblings

Balance Bot V2

Robot arm