Improvised Aquatic Environment





Do you like my 'Improvised Aquatic Environment'? Or is the name too sinister? Of course, because my aquarium burst two days ago, my plants, which I'd been waiting for for more than a week arrived today.

This is one of those projects that took on a life if its own. I filled a plastic storage container with water last night, knowing I'd need to get the water up to temperature, but when I got home, the rim of the container was beginning to buckle a little. I found some bits of wood, and added some support.

The heater is stuck on to the aquarium lid - I didn't want any risk of melting the side of the container. The plants are attached to a bit of chicken wire to keep them down. The filter is set up to provide a bit of circulation, the light attached with various bits of wood and clamps, and tomorrow, I'll try out my CO2 system. I wouldn't want my plants to suffer now, would I?

I've also ordered my acrylic aquarium. I still plan to repair the glass one, but testing it is obviously a very prolonged process...

Popular posts from this blog

3D Printer ramblings

Balance Bot V2

Robot arm