Acrylic aquarium goodness

I got my acrylic tank on Monday. theplasticpeople.co.uk deserve a link, because it looks great, and they were very helpful. It wasn't cheap, but it was still cheaper than the low iron glass. It looks even better. You would think that 10mm of acrylic would look a bit chunky, but it just doesn't. Perhaps its the clarity. The corners look perfect, basically because they are. It now seems really silly I was so determined to have rounded corners.

I may eventually find it scratches easily, but for now I'm going to enjoy it.

I've done some aqua-scaping and put the plants in. They are mostly unscathed. I got 5 bunches of Egeria densa with a bulk discount, and they do look a little worse for wear. It was hardest to ensure good light for them. I bought most of my plants from www.gardenandleisure.com. Its certainly the cheapest place to buy the Tropica range of plants, and they did a good job of the packaging. I've now found www.plantedtanks.co.uk who have an amazing range and are very reasonable. The potted plants perhaps aren't as developed as Tropica, but my Hygrophila lacustris bunches look great (see below).

So far I have   Hygrophila lacustris, Egeria densa, Cryptocoryne beckettii, Pogostemon helferi, Lilaeopsis sp.  Mauritius.


There's some spiky moss and a Telanthera Rosaefolia that are just resting, over on the left. There were mean to be three Telanthera Rosaefolia, but they were out of stock. I'll wait and see if its going to turn red.

Popular posts from this blog

3D Printer ramblings

Balance Bot V2

Robot arm