Another circular saw cross cut jig

I never did get around to upgrading my circular saw cross cut jig for thicker material. Anyway, I found a Youtube video describing how to make one out of wood that I'm pretty sure I could get right, because it allows you to build the miter bar separately, and has a pretty fool proof way of setting it square. It's in two parts. The first makes the frame:


and the second shows you how to make the guides:



The whole channel is fascinating.

I can't find anything like the window frame extrusion used in the videos. That would give pretty ideal results given my height limit of 10mm, but I guess what I got to work last time will work again: I just won't be able to make it any longer than last time.

There are loads of good ideas here. I can't figure out exactly what some of the parts are, but I think I can figure out some equivalents in all cases.

Popular posts from this blog

3D Printer ramblings

Balance Bot V2

Robot arm