Telemetry live in a web browser

Once I had a bluetooth link to the robot, I wanted some way of visualising the the output. I've thought about this before, because I wanted to turn one of these micro controller boards into an oscilloscope. I've used Flot, because it's jQuery based, and I'm familiar with that. Of course I need some way of sending data to the browser in real time, so that required WebSockets, which I haven't used before. I used a python script to relay data from the bluetooth interface to any connected WebSocket clients, using Twisted and txWS.

I'm hoping getting all this working will have other uses, but actually, it's already been very useful in debugging my filter code. I've put the result up on Bitbucket for now: I've been using mercurial so that's easier than converting to Git. It's here.


Popular posts from this blog

3D Printer ramblings

Balance Bot V2

Robot arm