More drilling holes in aluminium

I figured it must be possible to drill accurate enough holes for my purposes using a drill stand, so I bought one that includes a vice, for £30. Here it is at Amazon, although I bought at Machine Mart, where it was cheaper. I have a cordless drill and an SDS drill. Only the SDS one has a collar, and it's hardly going to be very accurate, so I need a new drill as well. According to my reading, high drill speed is good for aluminium, so I wanted a fast drill. Claims of accuracy and speed control for greater versatility were highly regarded, so I ended up going with a Bosch GBM 6 RE. It ticks all the boxes, and is one of the few drills on the market that doesn't have hammer or impact actions to complicate things.

I'll try and rig something up to measure the accuracy of this arrangement and post about it later. I don't expect to be able to try it out until next weekend.

Update: see this post.

Popular posts from this blog

3D Printer ramblings

Balance Bot V2

Robot arm