Drill guide/stand

 I'm sure I've mentioned JSK-koubou before. There's a tool he uses in lots of videos: It's a magnetic drill guide. I've never seen him use the magnetic function: he just clamps it to things to drill accurately, and it's superbly versatile.

I don't have access to a shop of any sort at the moment, but I do have hand tools. It might be possible to make something like this Drill Press. maybe I can mash up these two things: I want to use a cordless drill without a collar, so I bought this chuck and spindle from Banggood like the one used in the drill guide. I also bought some draw runners. These are a bit stiff, but they have no play at all, so it must be possible to produce something very precise and robust with them. I'm really surprised. Everything else will be made of 12mm plywood. Most of the assembly techniques will come from the drill press, including the double sided tape, etc.

I want the drill guide because it's something I can conveniently use without a shop.


Popular posts from this blog

3D Printer ramblings

Balance Bot V2

Robot arm